Using WilsonTechnology free flash tools you can manage video logs (vlogs), music library or flash photo album. The tip is: use a multimedia content to be engaging.
It is all rather clear with traditional visual information. But how can be a shoutbox useful? Here you can find an essay written by one of our students concerning a shoutbox for blog.
There are 5 ways to use a shoutbox to build up a community at a multimedia content website:
1. after publishing a post - write a preview at a shoutbox to help the visitors get the lattest news
2. publish the most popular comments quotes to say some kind of "hello" to the author and to show the visitors how pretty fun it is to spend time at the website
3. ask new users to start the activity with the shoutbox - it allows to get engaged fast and easy
4. if your website is a resource for formal and serious topics to be discussed, so the shoutbox is the right tool to stay personal and informal (and vice versa)
5. keep a shoutbox as an independent source of news - the broadcasting of the relevant information at one place can be the best way to be in the picture.
All the tips have been succesfully implemented and have been acknowledged to be effective in building up the community. The shoutbox can serve as a basis for a niche interactive online resource.
A new blog for a Canadian college.
The goal: to get the students to know about the website
The sollution: to keep intriguing ang funny conversaions in a Shoutbox with those few registered students
The result: +50 new users a day, who wished to get to know all the lattest news